We are a team on a mission. We think it is wrong, as well as socially and economically detrimental, that achieving career success is still so much harder if you come from a low income home, are ethnically diverse, or both. We are committed to transforming this. We want to create much greater ethnic and social representation at decision-making levels in business and government. In so doing, we believe we will create a fairer society that works for everyone.
We're looking for a Digital and Brand Marketing Manager to join our passionate and dedicated team in London and take our marketing to the next level. Building on our reputation as the best in our field, you'll help us develop corporate partnerships and support the successful roll-out of a ground-breaking new programme. If you want to join us on our exciting journey and are inspired by being part of a mission-driven, entrepreneurial team, we’d love to hear from you.
What are we looking for?
Through challenging perspectives and creating compelling stories that leverage our deep knowledge and insight, you'll make sure we're viewed as experts in our field. Concentrating on B2B, but with a side focus on B2C, you'll be social media savvy with experience in all channels, but using LinkedIn as your weapon of choice, to engage and inspire our target audiences - young diverse talent and corporate business leaders.
You have grit and flexibility. We are a fast-changing company, and need critical and creative thinkers who are ready to be instrumental in driving the company’s next stage of growth. An ownership mentality with an ability to work independently as needed; you'll love being hands-on and getting ‘stuck in’ by developing your department objectives, KPI's and systems.
You are a team player. Everyone needs to support each other, challenge each other, share best practices and take on team projects to make the entire organisation better. Receiving feedback and developing yourself inspires you and you're ready to take on new projects and an important role in the company.
What you'll be doing
- Managing all aspects of the company’s social media presence, including managing metrics tracking dashboards and collaborating on the development of a social media strategy to grow target audience reach and engagement
- Developing and managing our brand whilst ensuring that all our assets are aligned with our brand key, providing final sign-off on all materials used by the team to ensure positive experiences of both current and new clients
- Developing an adaptable but clear low-cost marketing activity plan that raises awareness of our vision, our work and the benefits of working with us
- Identifying and implementing process improvements to scale the requirements of the role and develop the next stage of growth through well thought-out and flexible short and long term strategies
- Managing newsletters and email campaigns including content curation, copy-writing, layout design, reporting and optimisation. You will also be responsible for growing and retaining our subscribers
- Writing, managing and developing articles, campaigns calendars and content for our blog, LinkedIn and other social media channels
- Managing comms plans and collaborating with our current clients on campaigns by conducting interviews, highlighting wins and successes through inspiring stories and impactful data
- Building your customer and market insight and analysis, you'll be constantly striving to tailor our strategy, brand and marketing to the insights you develop.
Who you are
- 2+ years of digital and content marketing experience, preferably working in a small team or start up environment
- Demonstrable experience managing Twitter and LinkedIn for a company or brand; B2B experience required with being able to adapt to B2C when needed
- You have strong written communication and copy-writing skills and are able to challenge people’s perspectives and create a compelling story through thought leadership
- A strategic thinker; you're able to approach problems creatively and take into account all aspects
- Demonstrable evidence of achieving results with digital marketing
- You're keen to develop your skills, take ownership and juggle multiple projects with autonomy
- Your motivation and enthusiasm shines and engages the team
- Have experience in and are excited by event and projects management
- Working knowledge of Wordpress, Canva, Mailchimp, Slack, Trello, G-Suite apps, Google Console and the best social media monitoring/analytics tools for our organisation
- You've had experience engaging with and building relationships with senior corporate leaders
- An interest in social mobility, coaching and development is a plus, but you'll soon be on board!
- You're self-driven, but understand the importance of working as a team and helping each other out
Who we are
Since 2006, we’ve transformed thousands of young people’s lives, changed perceptions in leading corporates and helped our network of brilliant, switched-on ethnically and socially diverse talent achieve life changing career opportunities. We work with leading corporates, in the UK and Ireland.
We do this in partnership with two communities – leading businesses who want to develop more diverse workforces and inclusive workplaces and switched-on socially and ethnically diverse young talent (aged 14-26) who want to build great careers, but lack the know-how, skills and networks to make that a reality.
We design and deliver programmes and experiences which bring together our young talent and our partner businesses with the aim of making a lasting positive change. We focus on breaking down barriers, creating connections, developing skills and sharing knowledge to help young people become ‘Success Ready’ and businesses become ‘Difference Ready’.
What you'll get
- Constant exposure to learning opportunities in your role and the ability to make an impact from day one
- Subscription to Perkbox with fantastic deals, freebies and discounts
- We give everyone 4 extra days off a year to look after their well-being
- 31 days holiday, including Bank Holidays
- Flexible working – We work any time between 8am and 8pm, letting you work when you need to.
- We work in the brilliant co-working MindSpace offices where you'll have access to free yoga, Sofar Sounds, happy hours, breakfast and other events
- Monthly socials where we have fun and connect as a team - last month it was Shuffleboarding!
- £500 annual training budget per year to spend on your development and training
- A supportive and caring team who want the best for everyone